We are so happy to be celebrating 10 years of the festival this year! From the 1st -11th July 2021, keep an eye out on our Instagram page for plenty of fun content for us to reminisce with and bring back those good memories and ELCAF vibes!
So what have we been up to?
- We created the ELCAF Haul, a commissioned pack of goods (pre-orders are now closed), bringing together work from 29 specially selected artists, illustrators and collectives. We wanted to capture some of the spirit of the physical festival that has been missing since the pandemic, by celebrating and supporting a selection of incredible artists to make new work. We hoped to bring about some of the excitement of past years that comes from discovering new work, meeting new artists, and heading home with a bag full of printed goodies.
- We’ve got free Springboard meetings (SOLD OUT) on the 6th and 7th July, offering the chance to speak directly to an expert in the field!
- We’ve been working with House of Illustration and the artist Nick White to create a beautiful educational resource pack for schools, families and big kids alike – free to download here soon!
- There are two specially commissioned celebratory ELCAF films by Carlos Jimenez coming out – one reflecting back on 10 years of the festival, and the second taking a closer look at this year’s ELCAF Haul!
- We’ve got Instagram takeovers by some of our ELCAF 2021 Haul artists this week, including Joanna Blémont, Stacy Gougoulis and Anu Ambasna.
- Also, keep your eyes peeled for some free giveaway competitions throughout the week, where you could be in with the chance of winning a free ELCAF Haul!
Finally, we want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has supported us, worked with us, and been part of ELCAF over the years. It’s been a true labour of love and all this would not be possible without the amazing artists that we work with. We’d also like to say thank you to Arts Council England, without whom ELCAF would not be possible.
Lots of love from the ELCAF team (Ruth, Vanessa and Peony) x